Today I turn 30 years old.
It has been a wild and crazy ride to get me to this point. I have learned a lot along the way, so today I share with you just a few things that may help you all make it through this crazy little ride called life.
Some things are funny, some are serious and some are just some basic common sense.
In no particular order, here are 30 things that I have learned in my 30 years:
- Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.
- How to put on pants:
- Put on leggings instead!
- Your heart will be broken, numerous times, but it is only because God is preparing you for someone better. The pain and all the heartache will be worth it once you find that someone special.
- Things happen for a reason. Just believe.
- Happiest girls are the prettiest girls!
- One day you are going to wake up and realize that your Mom was right about everything. So, until then, just nod your head and say, “Yes Ma’am.” It will save you a lot of unnecessary trouble.
- Never go to be angry.
- It never fails, you will crave Chick-Fil-A on a Sunday more than any other day.
- Sometimes it’s ok to let the mess wait for another day.
- Throw Kindness Around Like Confetti!
- Sometimes I feel the conductor on the Hot Mess Express, and that is totally ok… Because #momlife!
- Don’t care so much about what other people think about you.
- It’s ok to be scared. It means that you still have something to lose.
- The scars you bear are the signs of the fights you have fought. Life is like a lion fight. Just because you didn’t win, doesn’t mean you don’t know how to roar.
- “At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don’t keep other people out, they fence you in. Life is messy. That’s how we are made. So you can waste your life drawing lines, or you can live your life crossing them.” -Grey’s Anatomy
- Confidence is the key to looking good. If you think that you look good then you probably do, so own it!
- Everything I really needed to know about life I learned in Kindergarten: share, be nice, take naps, don’t eat glue and everything looks better with a little glitter.
- You are never to old to turn up the music and dance around to Taylor Swift. Just Shake It Off!
- A pocket on a dress makes everything better.
- A credit card is never the answer. If it has to go on a credit card then you probably don’t need it. Take it from someone who had a lot of debt and is still in a lot of debt. Just don’t even use a credit card!
- As long as your baby is happy, healthy, clean and fed then you are doing something right. We need to stop being a society who tears each other down, constantly criticizing. Instead form a sisterhood of women who build up one another. Being a Mom is not easy so it really helps to have people who are on your side.
- Do what makes you happy (within reason)! If that means drinking a $5 latte from Starbucks every day then just do it! There is a lot of worse things that you could be doing with your time and money!
- Don’t sacrifice your own happiness for the happiness others.
- It’s strange to be normal. It’s normal to be strange.
- Change is a good thing. In fact, sometimes, change is everything.
- Follow your passions. You only have one chance in this life. If you are not following what you love then what are you doing? Why show up everyday to live a life that someone else wants for you? Let them live their lives and you go and live yours!
- Invest in your self.
- Stop trying to make everyone happy. We have become a society that is too concerned about the feelings of others. Focus on your own happiness and everything else will fall into place.
- Always be yourself, unless you can be Daenerys Targaryen, the First of Her Name, Queen of Meereen, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, called Daenerys Stormborn, the Unburnt, Mother of Dragons. If you can be her then totally be her!!
- Listen to the advice of others. We have all been through different things. Grown, suffered, learned, taught. If we take the time to just listen to one another then we can prevent a lot of unnecessary heartache, drama and disagreements. And ain’t nobody got time for that!
And with my last point, I speak to you, all my readers! What is your advice? What have you learned on this crazy ride called life? I would love to hear your words of wisdom so leave me a comment below!!
So I leave you with one last piece of advice: Don’t take yourself too seriously and have a little fun in life! We only have one chance to make this life the best it can possibly be, so we might as well have the best time while we are doing that!
Photos by: J. Hillis Photography