I am so happy to live in a place as beautiful as Savannah, Georgia. We have so much history in our little town and it has truly been amazing to grow up here. One of the things that I love most is the shopping. We have so many quaint little shops, that are local to our area, so I really love being able to shop with them when able.
When you Shop Small, you are giving back to your community. You are sending little girls to dance class, helping little boys play t-ball and putting food on tables. When you support a small business, you are supporting families and that is so much more rewarding than helping some business add another million to their big box corporation.
This holiday season, I strongly encourage you to shop small businesses and, to help out all of my local friends, I am sharing with you my “Best of Savannah Gift Guide.” The best part about this list ? Most of these shops have a shoppable website, meaning that anyone can support!
So without further ado, I give you my list of must-shop, local retailers, sure to have the perfect gift for anyone on your list!
- RMC Boutique is the cutest little boutique located right off River Street in Downtown Savannah. Besides specializing in some of the cutest clothes, the were also the first in our area to begin selling Kendra Scott jewelry! I bought my very first piece in store from the owner, Rosa. She is just as charming as she is sweet and can be frequently found in the store working a sale. The boutique also carries Bourbon and Boweties Bracelets, Rifle Paper Company Products and lots of home accessories! If you are local, then I strongly encourage you to drop in and shop in person. This Black Friday weekend they are going to have 50% racks and BOGO sales. If not, feel free to shop the website! If you want to shop the website, make sure to sign up for their rewards program and you will receive a special offer off the entire website! Here are my must-haves for the season:
2. The Brass Belle is one of Savannah’s newest boutiques and was started by Emily Bra a recent SCAD graduate. They are the perfect place to shop if you are looking for one-of-kind gifts and have some of the most unique pieces of clothing in the area. Their home accessories are just what you need for making your house feel like a home and their clothes are great for mixing and matching with your own wardrobe. They have free shipping on all orders of $49.99 or more and I can promise that you will find more than enough things that you want to more than meet the minimum. If you are local, they are also taking part in Small Business Saturday and will be running a Scavenger Hunt with other shops around them and giving out $15 gift cards to the first 15 people in the store! They also offer gift registries, perfect for adding something unique to your new home. Here are my must haves this holiday season from The Brass Belle:
3. Two Smart Cookies is, hands down, one of my favorite places to buy sweets in Savannah. Towards the end of my pregnancy I began to crave them on a weekly basis, so much so that I would have to make a trip into town to get my fix. My favorite are the iced cookies. The cookies are flavored with almond extract and the icing is thick and delicious. They have the cutest shapes, especially for Christmas. They also keep for a few days so you can order some for all your holiday get-togethers and enjoy them all season long! They have a few different options for Christmas so you can make sure to take care of everyone’s sweet tooth!
4. Tater Bugs holds a special place in my heart because it is actually where I work part-time. I started working over the summer just to have something to do during my time off from teaching and ended up falling in love with the store, the staff and the customers. Tater Bugs prides itself on being one of the only stores in the Southeast to specialize in cloth diapers, natural remedies and breast-feeding essentials. We try to carry unique items that you are not going to find anywhere else. While we do not currently sell online, we do post regularly on our Facebook page and are happy to ship anything that we have available in the store. You can also call us at the store: 912-450-1039. Some of our best sellers include Lillebaby and Tula Carriers, Munch Mitts, Happy Mats, Grovia Cloth Diapers, Wubbanubs, Mud Pie Outfits, Sweetooth Teethers and Milk Makers Lactation Cookies. Most of the store will be on sale through Monday, November 28th with so items being as much as 40% off! Be sure to follow us on Facebook for updates, specials and the perfect gifts for every expecting Mommy and Little One in your life!
5. Suede and Stones is a shop on Etsy by local artist Erin Fogarty. I first found out about Erin’s shop from her sister Emily and it was literally love and first sight. Her jewelry is all handmade and so on-point with today’s trends. They are cute and stylish without being to gaudy or clunky. Each piece features natural elements like stone and leather so you know that you are getting a quality piece. I love that so many of her pieces are completely versatile. So many of the bracelets can also be worn as a choker or long necklace. Since each piece is handmade, you know that you are getting something unique and are sure to turn heads. I highly recommend her jewelry to any lady on your shopping list. Remember though, since she is on online boutique, make sure that you order with enough time to get your item shipped for the holidays! She is having a big sale for Cyber Monday and her entire store will be 20% off! Here are my favorite items from her shop:
I hope that you all loved my gift suggestions! Remember that the main reason for the holiday season is celebrating and spending time with our loved ones! Gifts are just a bonus! Hopefully, though, I have helped taken away some of the stress of finding the perfect gift for everyone on your list. Try to shop small businesses whenever you can this holiday season to help out other families! When you shop small, that is like giving two gifts in one! And if you can shop these local businesses, I know that each and every one of the owners will appreciate your support!
Want to check out some other gift guides from some other Savannah Blogger Babes? Be sure to check out the blogs of Glitter and Juls, Tongue and Cheek Chic, The Trendy Smoothie and The Sparkling Bubbles! They all have some fabulous suggestions from other local Savannah shops that are sure to help you get your Christmas shopping completed!
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. I genuinely love each and every one of these shops and try to shop them whenever possible! I did, however, use affiliate links so I may receive a small commission. All pictures are retrieved from the websites of each business.