When it comes to blogging, this was a crazy month for me!
While 5 DIY costumes was a lot of fun, it was a huge undertaking and I am beyond proud of myself that I was able to get it all accomplished. Add into that the fact that I decorated my trunk for two Trunk-or-Treats, dressed up like Elsa, with complete hair and makeup, for both events, and still did my normal job and responsibilities, I felt like Super Mom! I figured with all of that, I deserved a fun break. With that being said, I present to you, 20 Random Facts About Me! Enjoy!
1. I am Starbucks obsessed. If I had to choose between and actual meal and Starbucks, I would, hands down, pick Starbucks every time.
2. Growing up in a small county, I have a group of friends that I have known almost my entire life. I would consistently be in the same classes with them so we literally grew up together. It is nice because it is fun to catch up when we see each other now and look at how far we have come
3. The wrinkles of my left thumb make a smiley face.
4. I was very active in pageants when I was in high school. Growing up in the South, you are constantly given opportunities to compete in them. I loved it but, I would never force Vivi to be in one. I will wait until she is old enough to ask.
5. Speaking of being old enough to ask, my husband and I made the decision to not pierce Vivi’s ears. We wanted her to be able to decide for herself if that was something she wanted. If she asks one day, then we will take her.
6. I love any and all Reese Witherspoon movies. She is a Southern Girl, just like me, so I feel drawn to her bright smile, blonde locks and bubbly personality. I also love that she still says “Y’all!”
7. I am a HUGE horror movie buff. A few years ago, Bravo released a list called Bravo’s 100 Scariest Movie Moments and 30 Even Scarier Movie Moments. I made it a point to own every single movie on the list. I have quite the collection when it comes to scary movie marathons on Halloween!
8. I can probably recite all of the words to the movie Spice World. When watching, my sister and I use to act out all the lines. I was always Baby Spice.
9. I actually have my own etsy shop! I make and sell Kawaii and Kitsch jewelry. I have not been as active lately but I actually enjoy making all of the pieces. Hopefully one day soon, I can update and revamp! Check it out at Meg-E-Mays on Etsy!
10. I probably only wash my hair once a week. My hair does better when I go longer between washes. Luckily, a thing like dry shampoo exists so no one ever knows!
11. The month that I started my blog I found out that I was pregnant with Vivi. While I had every intention of posting about fashion, “bumpdates” took over the blog. I love looking back at those original post and seeing how far I have come in my journey as both a Mom and a blogger.
12. I first met my husband when I was asked to tutor him in High School. He was a Junior and I was a Freshman. He needed help in Geometry. I helped to bring his failing grade up to an A! When didn’t start dating till almost ten years later when we reconnected on Facebook.
13. I have actually been married once before. I don’t talk about it much but, through that period of my life, I learned so much about who I was as a person, who I wanted to be, and what I wanted for my life. While it was not always happy memories, I am grateful for that period of my life because it helped to mold me into who I am today. Everything truly does happen for a reason.
14. I am a huge Potter head! I did not start reading the books until the fall of 2007 so I was able to read every book in order without having to wait for the next one. I started reading them while I was going through my divorce with my first husband. It was a dark time in my life and those books helped me to escape. They offered me a reality that I was able to escape to, if only for a brief time. In a way, they saved me. I owe them so much and will forever count them as my favorites.
15. I was actually a Nursing major before I was an Education major. I had finished all of my Core classes and was about half-way through the Nursing program. I hated it though, and would hide in the bathroom during my clinicals at the hospital. I figured that was a good sign that I needed to make a change.
16. When I first started dating my husband, I told him that me and my dog Millie were a package deal. Good thing he accepted that deal!
17. I try to eat Vegan a majority of the time. I do still have cheat meals, but I feel so much better when I stick to the Vegan diet.
18. I have four tattoos. One on my ribs, one on my wrist, one on my collarbone and one on my hand. The one on my hand I got with my sister. She has the same thing on the opposite hand.
19. I have had my nose, belly button and tragus pierced but, over time, I took them out and they have all closed back up.
20. And finally, I have taught Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade. I have to say that my favorite is Kindergarten. I love the littles and their excitement for life. It makes my job so much more rewarding!
And that’s it! Any thing else that you would like to know? Just ask! I love hearing from you!
Shop my look and similar styles:
Shirt | Jeans | Slides | Bag | Sunglasses | Necklace 1 | Necklace 2 | Watch | Quilt
Photography Courtesy of Magnolia Blossom Photography.
Disclaimer: Affiliate links are used in this post and I may receive a small commission.
2 thoughts on “20 Random Facts About Me!”
Love this post! i love learning random facts about people out here in the blog-sphere! I’m a huge Potter Head too – so love seeing fellow Potter lovers!
Thanks Girl! It was fun to write! And I love that you are a fellow Potter lover! Too bad Hogwarts is not a real place!
Comments are closed.